Now onto day #5. It is Saturday today, so a little less work was done.
What I worked on today
- Implemented product tour for the new pomodoro sessions pages
- Added mixpanel statistics for every page that was accessed but wasn’t impressed
- Posted on HackerNews, very small response.
- Posted on Reddit/SideProject with a much better response. I really like Reddit, one of the best communities online.
Let me expand on that last point. The free plan on mixpanel sucks bad and the minimal paid plan is $1000. This was not made for bootstrapped startups.
At their Analysis page I can only access two features: Insights and Realtime
On Realtime I can only see the last 100 events in realtime, which can easily be accomplished by one single user, because I record every link.
Then on the Insights page I can see a silly count of the events. Useful but meh, nothing special.
Perhaps I am not their target audience but their trial option is quite boring. I much rather prefer the Drug Dealer method, don’t worry it’s a common term. The method is to allow trial users access to the very best features, but for a limited time or limited quantity.
So from tomorrow (or Monday) I will try out Keen.io and let you know how it goes.
Plans for tomorrow (or Monday)
- Basically finish off the bugs that I said I was going to do today
- Try out Keen.io for tracking
- Respond to all Reddit comments, they are great.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Until next time.
- About LifeHQ (2)
- Advice (4)
- Becoming better (7)
- Body & Mind (2)
- Case studies (2)
- Focus Hub (4)
- Guides (10)
- Journal (3)
- Lessons (5)
- Mindset (1)
- My Startup Journey (13)
- Personal Templates (1)
- product design (3)
- Productivity (10)
- Productivity Systems (2)
- Remote work (1)
- Roadmap (8)
- Routines (2)
- software (1)
- Success (1)
- Uncategorized (1)