6 things to track in your daily journal to 10x your productivity (with free pdf template)
Stop fooling aroundI used to have a notebook for journaling that I would use once every 2 weeks. It was a blank canvas notebook with no lines and no structure. I thought this would inspire my creativity and free my mind. I was so wrong. via GIPHY Now I use journal templates/questions that make it so much easier to be consistent. And yes, they are supported in LifeHQ. I have talked about using journals for chunking my goals into smaller bite-sized pieces. However on a day to day basis I keep track of different things. In my daily journal I keep track of a few not-so-obvious things that support the mindset of productivity.
Table of contents
1 What would make today a super success 2 Procrastination log 3 Unexpected events 4 Three things I’m grateful for 5 One thing to look forward to today 6 One scary or uncomfortable thing doing today
1. What would make today a successA million things could get in my daily todo list. That is why here I identify the few most important things that if done, will make today a successful day. Then I go one step further and ask myself:
What would make today a super success?and define my Stretch goal for the day.
2. Procrastination logAt the end of the day I record all time wasting activities I would rather not do in the future. This makes me conscious of these unproductive habits as they are happening and I am more likely to stop myself in the future. It is also a fun challenge to make the log shorter and shorter every day.
3. Unexpected events and how to handle them in futureI record all unexpected things that throw me off guard and how to prepare for them in the future. Example: The internet connection goes down -> Create mobile hotspot from my phone.
4. Three things I’m grateful forThis sounded woo-woo to me for a long time. I have only started doing this few days ago. But it works, so I’m sharing it. What I’ve found is that the feeling of gratitude helps to keep the fear at bay. Pro tip: As I’m launching my first app LifeHQ there are lots of things I feel uncomfortable doing. So every time I need to do something uncomfortable, I write that I am grateful to have the opportunity to even attempt doing this. It has worked wonders for me.
5. One thing to look forward to todayI usually schedule one activity to look forwards to at the end of the day. This way I can force myself to work harder throughout the day to earn the fun in the evening.
6. One scary or uncomfortable thing todayBy definition you have to do things you haven’t done before to achieve the things you haven’t achieved before. Normally these things will be uncomfortable and there is no way around it. The fear and discomfort are the best signs that you are evolving. PS: Thanks for reading til the end. You are awesome.
Enter your email bellow to get this Daily journal Template for free in PDF
Productivity nut, Tech lead, Writer. Founder of FocusHub, the First Productivity social network.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.
- About LifeHQ (2)
- Advice (4)
- Becoming better (7)
- Body & Mind (2)
- Case studies (2)
- Focus Hub (4)
- Guides (10)
- Journal (3)
- Lessons (5)
- Mindset (1)
- My Startup Journey (13)
- Personal Templates (1)
- product design (3)
- Productivity (10)
- Productivity Systems (2)
- Remote work (1)
- Roadmap (8)
- Routines (2)
- software (1)
- Success (1)
- Uncategorized (1)